If you’ve landed on this page, it’s probably because you have a love for history and travel. At Roaming Historian, we do too! Understanding the past makes for a more enriching trip. And we think the best vacations include history, food, and fun. With that in mind we set out to help our readers have the best holiday possible. Through our tips, stories, and travel recommendations, Roaming Historian helps you uncover the past, save money, see a place to the fullest, and travel with ease. Don’t miss out on a rich, cultural travel experience. Come roam with us!
Roaming Historian is comprised of Amy French—the President and Jon French—the Vice-President. Amy has a Ph.D. in history; when she and Jon aren’t roaming around, she’s a history professor. She’s also an experienced writer and presenter…talking about history on the radio, TV, and in front of groups. She has loved history all her life and is most alive when she’s surrounded by visual reminders of the past. Jon has a degree in economics and runs the operations of Roaming Historian. He didn’t like history when he was in school, but travel changed his mind. Both Amy and Jon enjoy seeing the past brought alive through their journeys, learning about different cultures, and gaining a deeper understanding of how the past affects our present.
Roaming Historian has worked with numerous tourism boards, tour companies, hotels, and other travel industry professionals. We provide the authority and authenticity today’s travelers look for when considering a travel blogger’s opinion, so come roam with us.
Samples of Our Work:
- Brief version of curriculum vitae.
- A Roaming Historian review of a tour from The Roman Guy: Venice Walking and Boat Tour.
- A hotel review: Contemporary Grandeur in Heart of Old Montreal.
- Video clips from the Roaming Historian YouTube Channel.
- A clip from a documentary, Settling In: Immigrants and Cultures that Built Mid-Michigan, where Amy was a guest scholar and consultant.
- Amy as a panelist on a television show, Currently Speaking, where we interviewed Rolling Stone journalist and author, Matt Taibbi.
- A clip from a radio show, Moment in Time, that Amy frequently contribute to which airs on a NPR affiliate.
Email us at: email@example.com or fill out this contact form.
This website is written and edited by Amy French, Ph.D. who holds the copyright to all works, except where as attributed. The views and opinions expressed on this website are her own.