Thanks for your interest in working with me!
As the Roaming Historian, I love traveling the world and studying its history. Learning about different cultures is incredibly enriching and I’m always looking for a new destination to explore. Understanding the past can heighten any travel experience, so my mission is to provide my readers with background and knowledge so that they can turn their travels into rich, cultural adventures. I take my readers with me on my travels through the history of our most treasured sites, cities, and cultures. Your company can join us as we explore the past one place at a time!
How Can We Work Together?
- Press trips
- Reviews–(accommodations, tours, travel-related products, travel services)
- Writing/Photography (either commissioned or licensing of works on this site)
- Sponsored blog posts/advertisements/affiliate links
- Social media advertising/product giveaways
- Consulting (especially about historical trips)
- Promotion of travel sights and activities
Why Work with Amy French?
I have academic credentials with a Ph.D. in history and over a decade of writing/teaching history, which provides the authority and authenticity that today’s travelers look for when considering a travel blogger’s opinion. The brief version of my curriculum vitae shows my publications, presentations given across the nation, awards, and numerous television/radio appearances.
Samples of my work:
- Video clips from my Roaming Historian travel destination series: Roaming Historian in Rome, Roaming Historian in Toronto, Roaming Historian in Montreal, Roaming Historian in Chicago
- A hotel review: Contemporary Grandeur in Old Montreal–Hotel Le Saint Sulpice
- A clip from a documentary, Settling In: Immigrants and Cultures that Built Mid-Michigan, where I was a guest scholar and consultant.
- As a panelist on a television show, Currently Speaking, where we interviewed Rolling Stone journalist and author, Matt Taibbi.
- A Roaming Historian Walking Tour of Old Montreal: 18 Must-See Sights in Old Montreal
I would love to explore a partnership with your organization. Roaming Historian has worked with several tourism boards and travel-related companies in many cities, including: Rome, Florence, Montreal, Toronto, Atlanta, and Detroit. Please use the form below to contact me if I may be of assistance to you or email me at: email@example.com
Logistics (all organic)
- Blog views–56,000+ (annually)
- Tweet Impressions–221,000+; Twitter Followers–12,800+
- Google+ views–149,000+
- Facebook post reach–850-1200
- #2 of “Top 20 Travel Bloggers You Should Be Following Right Now” by Foreign Exchange.Com
- Social media presence on: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google+
- Ads: I offer space on the right side of every post and the home page for those companies that match the Roaming Historian mission and vision. Please email for details and pricing.
- Sponsored blog posts: I will review and write a post of your brand in a language that generally appeals to my readers. Brands must match the Roaming Historian mission and vision and I must feel that I can ethically write a positive review about the brand in order to publish the post. There are four sponsored blog posts available per month. Please email for details and pricing.