As the Roaming Historian, I love traveling the world and studying its history. Learning about different cultures is incredibly enriching and I’m always looking for a new destination to explore. Understanding the past can heighten any travel experience, so my mission is to provide my readers with background and knowledge so that they can turn their travels into rich, cultural adventures. I take my readers with me on my travels through the history of our most treasured sites, cities, and cultures. Your company can join me as we explore the past one place at a time!
How Can We Work Together?
- Press trips
- Reviews–(accommodations, tours, travel-related products, travel services)
- Writing/Photography (either commissioned or licensing of works on this site)
- Advertise on my website or through my social media channels (Please email for details and pricing.)
- Sponsored blog posts
- Affiliate links
- Product giveaways
- Travel consulting (especially about historical trips)
- Promotion of travel sights and activities
- Historical consulting/using digital tools
- Historical research, writing, and consulting, including documentaries, movies, television shows, legal cases.
- Consulting on how to use digital tools (social media, podcasts, blogs, etc.) to attract a diverse audience and broadcast history.
- Speaking Engagements/Media Appearances
- Speaking topics include: travel, social history, labor history, social justice, women’s history, and recording a family history.
- As an engaging public speaker, I am available for media appearances.
Why Work with Amy French—the Roaming Historian?
I have academic credentials with a Ph.D. in history and over a decade of writing/teaching history, which provides the authority and authenticity that today’s travelers look for when considering a travel blogger’s opinion. The brief version of my curriculum vitae shows my publications, presentations given across the nation, awards, and numerous television/radio appearances. I have worked with numerous tourism boards, tour companies, hotels, and other service industry professionals.
Samples of My Work:
- A Roaming Historian review of a tour from The Roman Guy: Venice Walking and Boat Tour.
- A hotel review: Contemporary Grandeur in Heart of Old Montreal.
- Video clips from my Roaming Historian YouTube Channel.
- A clip from a documentary, Settling In: Immigrants and Cultures that Built Mid-Michigan, where I was a guest scholar and consultant.
- As a panelist on a television show, Currently Speaking, where we interviewed Rolling Stone journalist and author, Matt Taibbi.
- A clip from a radio show, Moment in Time, that I frequently contribute to which airs on a NPR affiliate.
- An invited speech at the American Historical Associations Annual Meeting; The Many Careers of the History Ph.D.
- I am also the creator of the website Women Who Dared.
Roaming Historian Logistics
- Tweet Impressions–221,000+; Twitter Followers–14,000+
- Blog views–75,000+ (annually)
- Google+ views–149,000+
- Facebook post reach–850-1200
- #2 of “Top 20 Travel Bloggers You Should Be Following Right Now” by Foreign Exchange.com.
- Social media presence on: Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google+
Email me at: email@example.com or fill out this contact form.